Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I Am Tired

It seems all I ever write is sad things. I am sorry. But this is a sad place. Sad that these beautiful, powerful beings come here to live the last of their lives because no one else wants them. It is sad that there is a need for places like Eye of the Storm. It is sad that we are so underfunded, overworked and terrified all the time. It is sad that all I can do is make them comfortable until I have to say goodbye. I ask myself often why did I take on this job? In the beginning I just wanted to make a difference. I guess I have. I guess I am strong enough, stronger than most, but I am tired, just plain tired. I need peace in my heart, a rest from fear, so many lives in my care, where will the money for the next load of hay com from? Every single day I am afraid. What will I find in the morning? When I leave them at night I pray for them, that they will be kept safe until I see them again. I dream about them. I wake up in the night, my heart pounding, from nightmares about them. I am tired.

We need money to go on. Thank you all so much for your support. Please help us.
Nina

0 comments:

Post a Comment