Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Dance


Sometimes we just have to let our own ideas go and let the horses teach us – BabyPony, Sky Blue, taught me to dance. While just barely touching my body he kept me in the middle of his and moved where ever I moved and we danced. It was beautiful and moving and full of love. He never bumped or pushed me, he was just there, a slow beautiful ballet, dancing at my side. I had no lead rope or contact with him in any way – he did it because he wanted to – it was a gift from him to me. I am in love.
                Sometimes we get so carried away in “training” our horses that we lose sight of the fact that they already know so much, so much that they can teach us about being horses! I will never be able to ride Sky Blue, he is a pony and I am old, but in 61 years no horse has ever taught me to dance – until now.
                I have been so bogged down by shoveling out stalls, worrying about money/ water/ broken trucks/ growing old that I have forgotten how absolutely wonderful horses really are! My beautiful Baby Sky Blue Eyed pony showed me the way back – if only for a moment. How loving and kind horses are – they want to know what the heck we mere humans want from them so they can just do it, leaving out all the crap in between. We cannot even communicate with our own species, how can we possibly understand any other? And yet they continue to put up with us. Knowing them so well, I am always amazed.
                And so after years and years of living in the company of horses, I’ve learned something new, from a 14 month old colt, I have learned to dance -

0 comments:

Post a Comment