Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Destiny for Horse Rescue


In my high school year book under my picture is a self prediction for my future. I wrote that some day I wanted to rescue horses. Be careful what you wish for. Although we are still active in the rescue business we are currently housing 12 unplaceable horses and two who can be placed only in the perfect homes due to physical, emotional, and behavioral issues. I also have two of my own.

There are so many horses no one loves. So many who have no future. There are no words to express my sorrow for them. It’s clear we cannot win this war. All we can do is choose our battle and stick with it. Do what you can with all your means and ability within your circle and do not overly grieve for the ones you cannot save. This how I now live my life. I love my horses. With all the breath in my body and all of what is left of my life force, I will care for these 16 horses until I have nothing left to give. I pray we all die on the same day, or are healed and live forever in paradise because, come war, famine, or plague, only death will take me from them. Amen.

Please Give – and Thank You

Don’t forget us. Your tax deductible donation will help with out educational work as well as with the continued care of our current residents at Eye of the Storm. We so appreciate your past support and beg you to keep us in mind during this season of giving. We can continue this much needed work only with your help.

I thank you all again for your immediate emergency response when our stallion, Gabriel, colicked. I am so happy to know we have such a wonderful family as you all. I am so sorry I did not send thank you notes to everyone. There are no addresses from you who donated through PayPal. We love you very much.

On a Happier Note

May you all find peace in the cooler days. I rejoice in the colder days. I rejoice in the lack of bugs, mud, and those horrible summer storms! Though the work is harder in winter, everything is slower and even blizzard conditions don’t carry the horror of tornadoes, hurricanes, and thunderstorms! Our horses seem more content and comfortable. And when they are happy, so the heck am I!!

Happy fall to you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment